APPSC Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Syllabus 2019: Andra Pradesh Public Service Commission has released APPSC Recruitment 2019 Notification for the post of Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector for 23 Vacancies. The Commission conducts Screening Test in offline mode in case applicants exceed 25,000 in number and Main Examination in online mode for candidates selected in screening test. Interested candidates can apply online on or before 2nd January 2019. The Mains Exam is scheduled to be held on 17th April 2019.
APPSC Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Syllabus 2019 – Mains Exam Pattern:
Written Exam (Objective)
|Subject||Max Marks||No of Qns|
|General Studies and Mental Ability (Degree Standard)||150||150||150 mins|
|Paper 2||Automobile Engineering (Diploma Standard)||150||150|
- NEGATIVE MARKS: For each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question.
- The minimum qualifying marks for consideration of a candidate to the selection process are 40% for OCs, 35% for BCs, and 30% for SCs, STs and PHs or as per rules.
Language: In case any paper of the Examination is held in different languages, the candidate has to choose the medium in which he/she wants to write the examination and the paper will be valued with reference to that medium only.
APPSC Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Syllabus 2019
PAPER –I General Studies and Mental Ability (Degree Standard)
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current affairs- international, national and regional.
- General Science and it applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and information Technology
- Social- economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance initiatives with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
- Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
- Data Analysis:
a) Tabulation of data
b) Visual representation of data
c) Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode, variance and coefficient of variation) and Interpretation
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and Legal implications/problems.
PAPER-II Automobile Engineering (Diploma Standard)
- Basic thermodynamics – Systems-Closed/Open systems, Property, cycle, Thermodynamic equilibrium- Zeroth law, First law, Second Law of thermodynamics- Pure substance-Mollier Diagram-Vapor Power cycles-Rankine cycle-
- Air standard cycles-Otto, Diesel, Dual combustion cycle, derivation of expressions for mean effective pressure-diagram factor, efficiency, Sterling engine,
- gears-nomenclature-simple, compound, epicyclic trains-calculations oftorques.
- Shafts- solid, hollowshafts; shear stress and angular deflection due to torque applied; bending moments — combined moment andtorque.
- Friction – inclined plane; screw and nut; screw jock; self locking.
- Fuels – fire and flash point – calorific value – calorimeters- octane, certane numbers and its importance — stochometic ratio.
- Single cylinder, multi cylinder engine – pre whirl chambers- combustion/ignition delay – knocking, detonation.
- Firing order; piston and piston rings; temperature profile of piston.
- Fuel system – Carburetion, corburetors, Gasoline/petrol injection systems – diesel fuel injection systems, types-common rail injection system, Fuel tank.
- Balancing ofsingle cylinder engines.
- Lubrication and cooling systems in automobile.
- Transmission – gear box – clash type, synchromesh, automatic transmission systems.
- propeller-shaft — universal coupling — differential – half shafts – floating,
- clutches – single, multi-plate – bearing pressure-pressure plate – axial load – fluid clutch.
- Brakes and brake mechanisms-mechanical, hydraulic and air brakes,
- Steering – condition for correct steering —Ackermann steering.
- Electrical system – delco system , circuit wiring, working of electrical equipment.
- Exhaust gas analysis —Pollutants –Sources – Formation – Effects Of Pollution On Environment – Human – Transient Operational Effects On Pollution – Regulated – Unregulated Emissions – Emission Standards.
- EMISSIONS IN SI ENGINE: Chemistry Of SI Engine Combustion – HC and CO Formation In SI Engines – NO Formation In SI Engines – Smoke Emissions From SI Engines – Effect Of Operating Variables On Emission Formation.
- EMISSIONS IN CI ENGINE: Basics Of Diesel Combustion – Smoke Emission And Its Types In Diesel Engines – NOx Emission And Its Types From Diesel Engines – Particulate Emission In Diesel Engines. Odor, Sulfur And Aldehyde Emissions From Diesel Engines – Effect Of Operating Variables On Emission Formation.
- Air conditioning of automobiles
- Automobile wheel alignment — camber. castor —King pin inclination —toe-in, toe-out.
- Maintenance of tyres – traffic Rules.
- Materials- structure of the metals -imperfections-ferrous and non ferrous materials-heat treatment of steels.
- Instrumentation- transducers- Motion, level, force and temperature transducers- Closed loop control and open loop control systems