IIT Bombay Senior Technical Officer & Others Recruitment 2018 – 6 Posts
Indian Institute of Technology Bomabay has released IIT Bombay Senior Technical Officer & Others Recruitment 2018 notification. Interested candidates can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria.
Name of the Post: Senior Technical Officer, Assistant Security Officer, Inspector & Technical Assistant
Post Date: 07-11-2018
No. of Vacancies: 6
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application||07-11-2018|
|Last Date for submission of Application||07-12-2018|
Vacancy details of IIT Bombay Senior Technical Officer & Others Recruitment:
|Sl.No.||Post Details||No of Posts|
|1||Senior Technical Officer (Scale A)||1 [OBC (NCL)]|
|2||Assistant Security Officer (Female)||1 (UR)|
|3||Assistant Security Inspector (Female)||2 (UR)|
|4||Technical Assistant||2 (UR)|
|Sl.No.||Post Details||Pay Level|
|1||Senior Technical Officer (Scale A)||Pay Level: 12 (Rs.78800-209200)|
|2||Assistant Security Officer (Female)||Pay Level: 6 (Rs.35400-112400)|
|3||Assistant Security Inspector (Female)||Pay Level: 4 (Rs.25500-81100)|
|4||Technical Assistant||Consolidated Pay Range: Rs.22000 to 35200|
Period of Contract:
|1||Senior Technical Officer (Scale A)||Permanent|
|2||Assistant Security Officer (Female)||On contract for 3 years|
|3||Assistant Security Inspector (Female)||On contract for 3 years|
|4||Technical Assistant||Temporary for a period of 1 year|
Age limit (as on 07.12.2018):
|Sl.No.||Post Details||Age limit|
|1||Senior Technical Officer (Scale A)||50 years|
|2||Assistant Security Officer (Female)||32 years|
|3||Assistant Security Inspector (Female)||27 years|
|4||Technical Assistant||27 years|
Note: Age relaxation would be as per Institute norms.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
Senior Technical Officer:
- B.Tech. / B.E. / M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade point average with relevant experience of five years in a technical / scientific post in PB3 with GP of Rs. 5400 and above or equivalent, and demonstrated ability of management of laboratory and operation of technical / scientific research facilities.
Assistant Security Officer:
- Bachelor’s Degree with security related supervisory experience of four years, after the qualifying degree, in Government or a reputed organization.
- Applicants should be conversant with security rules and procedures and should possess valid driving license for light motor vehicle and motor cycle.
Assistant Security Inspector:
- Bachelor’s Degree with security related experience of three years.
- Applicants should possess valid driving license for light motor vehicle and motor cycle.
- Ex servicemen would be preferred.
- 3 year Diploma in Engineering in Computer/IT/ICT discipline and 2 year relevant experience after the
- 10+2 pass with certificate of proficiency in Computer/IT/ICT area, duly recognized by government agencies for vocational training and skill development, and 2 year relevant experience after the certificate of proficiency
- Written test
- Screening test / Trade test and / or Computer proficiency test for Post 4
- Test of proficiency in security for Post 2
- Test of physical fitness and computer applications for Post 3
Note: A candidate is required to obtain 60% & more marks in the written test to be eligible for recruitment.
How to Apply for IIT Bombay Senior Technical Officer & Others Recruitment:
- Candidates possessing the requisite qualification and experience may apply online at http://www.iitb.ac.in/en/careers/staffrecruitment only.
- Candidates desirous to apply for more than one post should apply online for each post separately.
- Candidates should upload copies of certificates in support of their qualification (matriculation onwards), experience, Date of Birth, Caste certificate etc.
About IIT Bombay:
Established in 1958, the second of its kind, IIT Bombay was the first to be set up with foreign assistance. The funds from UNESCO came as Roubles from the then Soviet Union. In 1961 Parliament decreed the IITs as ‘Institutes of National Importance’. Since then, IITB has grown from strength to strength to emerge as one of the top technical universities in the world.