Office of the Commissioner of Police, Kolkata has released Kolkata Police Civic Volunteer Recruitment 2019 Notification. Notification is out for a total of 334 posts. Interested candidates can check the details given below and apply offline based on the eligibility criteria before 6th August 2019.
Name of the Post: Civic Volunteer
Post Date: 31/07/2019
No. of Vacancies: 334
Other Categories You may be Interested in:
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting date for form submission||31/07/2019|
|Last date for form submission||06/08/2019|
Vacancy details of Kolkata Police Civic Volunteer Recruitment 2018:
|S.No||Deployment in Unit||Number of Civic Volunteers per unit|
|1||Traffic Department, Kolkata Police||80|
|2||South Suburban Division, Kolkata Police||10|
|3||South East Division, Kolkata Police||15|
|4||East Division, Kolkata Police||08|
|5||North & North Suburban Division, Kolkata Police||30|
|6||Eastern Suburban Division, Kolkata Police||10|
|7||South Division, Kolkata Police||8|
|8||Port Division, Kolkata Police||25|
|9||South West Division, Kolkata Police||15|
|10||Central Division, Kolkata Police||05|
|11||Brigade Headquarter, Kolkata||10|
|12||Kolkata Mounted Police||02|
|13||Kolkata Home Guard Organization||116|
- Each such volunteer will be paid Honorarium at a rate prescribed by the Government on furnishing of working statement certified by Unit-in-Charge.
Age limit as on 01/01/2019:
- Minimum: 20 Years
- Maximum: 60 Years
- Must have passed Class VIII pass Preferably a resident of the area under the Kolkata Police jurisdiction.
- Preference would be given to the applicants who have done well in sports and have experience as NCC Cadet / Boy Scouts / NSS Guide / Civil Defence Volunteers etc.
- Should not have any criminal record against him / her in any Police Station.
- Should be physically and mentally fit.
- Not Applicable.
How to Apply for Kolkata Police Civic Volunteer Recruitment 2018:
- Eligible and interested candidates are required to apply offline through the Application Form (Printed on A-4 sheet) available in the website.
- The following documents shall have to be attached with the application:-
- Self attested copy of identity proof.
- Self attested copy of proof of address.
- One self attested passport size photograph.
- Self attested copy of document regarding proof of age.
- Self attested copies of educational testimonials and extra Curricular activities.
- Self attested copies of certificates of technical qualification and working experience, if any.
- The application form duly filled in along with the prescribed documents should be submitted personally in the DROP BOX kept in the concerned Divisional/ Battalion/ Unit office, for which the applicant is willing to submit his/her application. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CIVIC VOLUNTEER”
- Please refer the official notification for the Postal Address.
About Kolkata Police:
The history of the present structure of policing in Kolkata goes back to the colonial times, when the city was known as “Calcutta”, and was a fledging settlement of the British East India Company. Kolkata (Calcutta) is regarded to have been founded by an English Merchant Job Charnock, but this has no authentic corroboration. Job Charnock, who was the key functionary of the East India Company, had anchored his boat “Maddapollam” at a village called Sutanuti on the eastern banks of the river Hooghly, in 1690 A.D. East India Co. then bought three villages Sutanuti, Kalikata and Gobindapur from local landlord Sabarna Roy Chowdhury. This formed the nucleus of a fortified military settlement which in 1696 A.D. (3 years after Charnock’s death) became a prime location for the East India Company’s operations in Bengal.