Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam has released Apprentice Recruitment 2018 notification on fixed term basis. Interested candidates who are Indian Nationals can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria.
Name of the Post: Apprentice
Post Date: 12-11-2018
No. of Vacancies: 275
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application||12-11-2018|
|Last Date for submission of Application||05-12-2018|
|Last Date for submission of Hard Copy of Application||12-12-2018|
|Date of Written Exam||31-01-2019|
|Date of Result for Written Exam||01-02-2019|
|Date of Interview & Medical Exam||02-02-2019 to 13-02-2019|
Vacancy details of Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam Apprentice Recruitment:
One Year Training (2019 – 20 Batch)
|7||Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance (MMTM)||6|
|10||R & A/C Mechanic||17|
|11||Welder (Gas & Electric)||20|
|14||Forger & Heat Treater (FHT)||3|
|16||Sheet Metal Worker||28|
Two Years Training (2019 – 21 Batch)
Admissibility of stipend is based on the GoI Gazette Notification No. 492 dated 22 Sep 2014. The current applicable stipend rates based on AP Govt. Gazette Notification No. 1149 dated 30 Mar 2017 are relevant.
Period of Training:
One/ Two Years
Age limit (as on 01.04.2019):
|Category||Born Between (both dates inclusive)|
|General||01 Apr 1998 to 01 Apr 2005|
|SC/ST||01 Apr 1993 to 01 Apr 2005|
|Son / Daughter of Naval Civilian / Defence Employee||Additional age relaxation of two years subjected to approval of IHQ / MoD (Navy)|
Note: To avail additional two years age relaxation for son / daughter of Naval Civilian / Defence Employee, the name of the candidate has to be forwarded by the employee to IHQ (MoD) (Navy), New Delhi through respective HQs/ CCPO for approval
SSC / Matric / Std X with minimum of 50% (aggregate) and ITI (NCVT) in relevant trades with minimum 65% (aggregate).
- Height minimum – 137 cm
- Weight minimum – 25.4 Kg.
- other standards as per Apprentices Act 1961.
- Written Exam
- Interview & Medical Examination
How to Apply for Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam Apprentice Recruitment:
- A candidate is required to register on-line his candidature at web portal www.apprenticeship.gov.in under NAPS scheme by 05 Dec 2018.
- On completion of online registration at www.apprenticeship.gov.in web portal, a candidate must apply on-line for Apprenticeship Training at Naval Dockyard, Andhra Pradesh establishment at web portal.
- Go back to Home page of www.apprenticeship.gov.in. Click on Apprentices module in the home page. Drop down menu with various options will appear. Click on “Apprentice Authentication” in the drop down menu. Apprenticeship Authentication page would open. Fill up all details in the form and click on Authentication button in the form.
- Candidate Profile would open. Download and take a print out from the web portal for forwarding the same to DAS (Vzg).
- Take the printout of Hall ticket format placed at part – II of Annexure – I
- Two original hall tickets with two recent passport colour photographs pasted at earmarked box are required to be enclosed along with Apprentice Profile.
- Apprentice Profile, two original hall tickets and all relevant documents along with check-off list placed at Part – III of Annexure – I of this Advertisement indicating status of enclosed documents are required to be forwarded to “The Officer-in-Charge (for Apprenticeship), Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, VM Naval Base S.O., P.O., Visakhapatnam – 530 014, Andhra Pradesh” by Post so as to reach at DAS(V) by 12 Dec 2018.
About Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam:
The Naval Dockyard in Visakhapatnam is one of the most important dockyards in India, after Bombay Dockyard. It operates under the Ministrty of Defence and its major operation is shipbuilding and ship repair. It is a Government owned corportion.