NESAC Research Scientist Recruitment 2018 – 5 Posts
North Eastern Space Applications Centre has released NESAC Research Scientist Recruitment 2018 notification on fixed tenure basis. Interested candidates who are Indian Nationals can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria.
Name of the Post: Research Scientist
Post Date: 06-11-2018
No. of Vacancies: 5
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application||
|Last Date for submission of Application||
25-11-2018 till 15:00 hrs
Vacancy details of NESAC Research Scientist Recruitment:
|Sl.No.||Name of Post||Discipline||No of Posts||Project|
|1||Research Scientist||Meteorology||1||North Eastern Region Node for Disaster Risk Reduction (NER-DRR)|
|3||Research Scientist||Information Technology||1|
|4||Research Scientist||RS & GIS||1|
|5||Research Scientist||Electronics & Electrical Engineering||1||Doppler Weather Radar (DWR), Cherrapunjee|
Note: The selected candidates may likely be posted in NESAC, Umiam, Meghalaya.
PB-3 Rs.15600- 39100 + GP Rs.5400/-
Period of Contract:
For a period of one year which can be further extended based on the performance of the candidate in the periodical reviews, for a maximum period of 3 years.
Age limit (as on 25.11.2018):
- Maximum Age: 35 years
40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates. Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India orders.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- M.Sc in Physics/Meteorology/ Atmospheric Science/Earth Systems Science or in any other subject that is equivalent of these subjects OR
- M.Tech in Physics/ Meteorology/ Atmospheric Science/Earth Systems Science or in any other subject that is equivalent of these subjects.
- M.Sc in Geology/Applied Geology with pre-qualification of B.Sc with geology as Main/ Major/Honors Subjects. OR
- M.Tech in Geology/Applied Geology with pre-qualification of B.Sc with geology as Main/ Major/Honors Subjects.
- M.E/M.Tech in Computer Science/IT/Geo informatics or equivalent with B.E/B.Tech in CSE/IT/ECE
- M.Tech in RS&GIS/Geoinformatics/Computer Science/ IT or equivalent.
Electronics & Electrical Engineering:
- M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engg/ Mechanical Engg/Electrical & Electronics Engg or in any other subject that is equivalent of these subjects
Note: Experience in relevant field is desirable. ME/M.Tech or equivalent post graduate degree in 1st class with an aggregate minimum of 60% or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equivalent. M.Sc degree should be in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
How to Apply for NESAC Research Scientist Recruitment:
- The application form will be hosted in the NESAC web-site www.nesac.gov.in.
- After registration take a print out of the application summary and the print-out is to be brought along with passport size photograph and documents supporting the data furnished in application at the time of Interview. Please note that site will not be open for printing after 15:00 hours of 02.12.2018.
North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC), Umiam is an autonomous body functioning under the Department of Space and North Eastern Council (NEC) to assist development process in North Eastern Region using space science and technology. It undertakes specific applications projects using remote sensing, GIS, satellite communication and conducting space science research. The Centre’s services are helpful in natural resources management, infrastructure planning, health, education, disaster management and Earth Observation Applications Mission.