Odisha State Selection Board has released Lecturers Recruitment 2018 notification. The posts are temporary but likely to be made permanent. Interested candidates who are Indian Nationals can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria.
Name of the Post: Lecturers
Post Date: 09-11-2018
No. of Vacancies: 833
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application||12-11-2018|
|Last Date for submission of Application||11-12-2018|
Vacancy details of Odisha State Selection Board Lecturers Recruitment:
|Sl.No.||Name of disciplines||No of Posts|
|13||Home Science||9 (W-3)|
|14||Logic & Philosophy||36 (W-12)|
|18||Political Science||73 (W-24)|
Scale of Pay is Rs.9,300/- – Rs.34,800/- + GP of Rs.4,600/-
Age limit (as on 01.07.2018):
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 42 years
The upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to the SC, ST, SEBC, Women, Ex-Servicemen. Similarly, the upper age limit is relaxable by 10 years for the candidates belonging to the PwD categories, whose disability is not less than 40%.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- A candidate should possess a Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from a recognized University with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade with a second class in the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Provided that candidate belonging to the SC and ST shall possess a Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from a recognized University with at least 50% marks or its equivalent grade with a 2nd class in the Bachelors’ Degree.
- The candidate should be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that M.E. School standard conducted by the B.S.E., Odisha
- Written test
- Viva-Voce test.
Scheme of Selection:
Career Assessment: Total Weightage in Marks: 25
|Post||Maximum||PhD||Mphil &/ or NET|
The selection shall be made in the following manner:-
- Career – 25 Marks
- Written – 165 Marks (Objective Type)
- Viva-voce -10 Marks
- Total – 200 Marks
Exam Centre: The written examination shall be held at Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Sambalpur depending upon the number of candidates from the respective zone.
How to Apply for Odisha State Selection Board Lecturers Recruitment:
- Candidate must apply online through the concerned website.
- Candidate must go through the detailed INSTRUCTIONS before filling up Online Application Form.
- Candidates are requested to upload their latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his/her full signature and left hand thumb impression, which must be clearly identifiable/visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected.
- The requisite fees must be deposited online at the time of on-line application.
About Odisha State Selection Board:
The office of the State Selection Board, Department of Higher Education was set up by Government of Odisha as a statutory body in the year 1975 under erstwhile Education & Youth Services Department for carrying out selection of suitable candidates against the sanctioned Direct Payment posts in the state Cadre (both in teaching and non-teaching) in the aided non-government colleges of the state. It was also entrusted with the responsibilities for selection of suitable candidates for teaching and non teaching posts both in the Government and aided Schools of the State in pursuance of Sub-Section(2) and (3) of Section 10 of the Odisha Education Act, 1969 (Odisha Act 15 of 1969) read with Rule 4 of the Odisha Educational (Recruitment and conditions of service of Teachers and Members of the Staff of the Aided Educational Institutions ) Rules , 1974. It was also declared by the Government of Odisha as a permanent body in the year 1987.