South Asian University has released Teaching and Non Teaching Staff Recruitment 2018 notification for various posts on contract basis. Interested and eligible candidates can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria on or before 14th December 2018.
Name of the Post: Various
Post Date: 20-11-2018
No. of Vacancies: 14
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application||20-11-2018|
|Last Date for submission of Application||14-12-2018|
Vacancy details of South Asian University Recruitment:
|Sl.No.||Name of Post||No of Posts|
|1||Professor – Computer Science||1|
|2||Professor – Legal Studies||1|
|3||Assistant Professor (Economics)||1|
|4||Director (Admissions & Examinations)||1|
|5||Senior Assistant (Admissions & Examinations)*||1|
*These positions are meant for Indian citizens only.
|Sl.No.||Name of Post||Salary|
|1||Professor – Computer Science||US$ 30,000 to 45,000 per annum|
|2||Professor – Legal Studies||US$ 30,000 to 45,000 per annum|
|3||Assistant Professor (Economics)||US$ 15,000 – 20,000 – 25,000 per annum|
|4||Director (Admissions & Examinations)||US$ 27,000 to 40,000 per annum.|
|5||Senior Assistant (Admissions & Examinations)||US$ 9,000 – 13,000 – 16,000 per annum|
|6||Senior Assistant||US$ 9,000 – 13,000 – 16,000 per annum|
|7||Faculty Assistant||US$ 6,000 – 9,000 – 11,000 per annum.|
|8||Assistant (Housekeeping)||US$ 6,000 – 9,000 – 11,000 per annum.|
|9||Assistant (Administration)||US$ 6,000 – 9,000 – 11,000 per annum.|
|10||Assistant (Accounts)||US$ 6,000 – 9,000 – 11,000 per annum.|
|11||Personal Secretary||US$ 6,000 – 9,000 – 11,000 per annum.|
|12||Receptionist||US$ 6,000 – 9,000 – 11,000 per annum.|
Period of Contract:
The initial recruitment at entry level will be on a contract appointment for five years. At the end of the contract period, a favourable assessment of performance as prescribed will result in extension / regularization of services of the employee in accordance with the byelaws of the university.
|Sl.No.||Name of Post||Age limit|
|1||Professor – Computer Science||–|
|2||Professor – Legal Studies||–|
|3||Assistant Professor (Economics)||–|
|4||Director (Admissions & Examinations)||54 years|
|5||Senior Assistant (Admissions & Examinations)||40 years|
|6||Senior Assistant||40 years|
|7||Faculty Assistant||35 years|
|8||Assistant (Housekeeping)||35 years|
|9||Assistant (Administration)||35 years|
|10||Assistant (Accounts)||35 years|
|11||Personal Secretary||35 years|
Educational Qualification and Experience:
Professor (one each in Computer Science and Legal Studies)
- Ph.D. degree and Master’s Degree in relevant subject area with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade (for Science subjects); OR with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade (for Social Science and Humanities).
- Post-doctoral research and/or postgraduate teaching experience of at least 12 years (excluding the period spent for obtaining the research degree).
Assistant Professor (Economics)
- PhD degree and Master’s Degree in relevant subject area with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade (for Science subjects); OR with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade (for Social Science and Humanities).
- Post-doctoral research/teaching experience of at least 2 years (excluding the period spent for obtaining the research degree).
Director (Admissions & Examinations)
- Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent grades, plus at least 15 years related professional experience, of which 8 years as Deputy Registrar or in progressively responsible positions in a University/large academic institution.
- PhD would be desirable.
Senior Assistant (Admissions & Examinations)
- A University degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent grade plus at least five years’ experience in Administration/Secretarial work/Stores/Purchase work/Governance (Statutory bodies meetings).
- A University degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade plus at least five years’ experience in Administration / Secretarial work / Stores / Purchase work/ Governance.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution with at least 50% marks or equivalent grades, plus at least 3 years related experience as a Personal Assistant/ Personal Secretary or office in-charge in a related organization.
- Successful candidate must be familiar with, and keep abreast of, new and emerging developments in the Faculty subject(s).
- He/she should be proficient in the use of English and be able to efficiently use computers for typing letters, reports and emails, creating databases, spreadsheets and presentations, and searching the web.
- Ability to take shorthand dictation will be a desirable qualification, as will knowledge of the Hindi language.
- Graduation with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized University.
- Minimum three to five years of relevant experience in a reputed educational Institute with knowledge of hygiene, sanitation and hostel services including proper documentation or relevant experience in the areas of housekeeping /services in a five star hotel.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grades, plus a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Administration/Purchase/Statutory Committee meetings/Accounts.
- Successful candidate must have the ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks, and must be highly attentive to detail and deadlines.
- Experience in using a personal computer for word processing and spreadsheet databases and good knowledge of computer applications and internet is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grades, plus a minimum of 3 to 5 years related professional experience in a large organisation.
- Successful candidate must have extensive knowledge of general accounting principles and practices, including computer applications and modern computerized recordkeeping.
- He/she must have high fiscal management skills and be highly attentive to detail and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent grades, plus at least 3 years related professional experience as Personal Secretary/Jr. Executive Assistant to senior executives in large organisations.
- Bachelor’s degree with plus 1- 3 years related professional experience.
- Diploma in Secretarial Practice would be desirable.
Note: The successful candidate must also have good knowledge of computer applications and internet; strong interpersonal skills; exceptional English speaking skills; strong ethical convictions and a commitment to quality service; and the ability to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
- Written Exam (only for Non Teaching Posts)
US$ 18 or Rs.1300/-
How to Apply for South Asian University Recruitment:
- The application form is a MS word document that may be filled on computer and printed out for signing and submission.
- Application Fee: A fee of US$ 18 or Indian Rs.1300/- for each application can be paid via online payment process available on this website by using credit/debit card or net banking, OR via a bank draft for US$ 18 or INR 1300/- drawn in favour of “South Asian University”, New Delhi.
- The applicant must write his/her name and post applied for, on the reverse side of the bank draft.
- Please note that the candidates who are currently employed will have to submit a no-objection certificate from their current employer.
- Candidates, who wish to apply for more than one position, should fill up and send a separate application form for each position.
Applications, along with all the requisite documents as mentioned in the application form must be submitted by post / courier to the following address:
The Deputy Registrar (Administration),
South Asian University, Akbar Bhawan,
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021, India
About South Asian University:
The idea of establishing a South Asian University (SAU) was mooted by the Prime Minister of India at the 13th SAARC Summit in Dhaka in 2005. The idea was for member countries to pool their resources for creation of a Centre of Excellence in the form of a University that would provide world-class facilities and professional faculty to students and researchers drawn from every country of the SAARC region. South Asian University (SAU) is an international university focused on postgraduate teaching & research, jointly established and funded by the eight SAARC countries.