SPMCIL Officer Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2019
SPMCIL Officer Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2019: Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited had released SPMCIL Officer Recruitment 2019 notification for various disciplines like Legal, IT, HR, F&A and Materials for 28 posts. The Selection for the Officer Posts will be held in 2 stages: Online Exam and Interview. The candidates who have applied for the above posts can download the Online Exam Call letter from 30th January to 23rd February 2019. The Online Exam is scheduled to be held on 23rd February 2019. The Details of Exam Pattern and Syllabus are given below.
SPMCIL Officer Online Exam Pattern 2019:
Name of Test (MCQ)
|No of Qns||Max Marks||
- All tests except test of English Language will be provided in English and Hindi.
- For every wrong answer marked by you, 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- All the questions will have multiple choices. Out of the five answers to a question only one will be the correct answer.
SPMCIL Officer Syllabus 2019:
- Financial Accounting: Accounting Standards, Corporate Accounts, Indirect & Direct – Tax Management, Auditing, Corporate & Industrial Laws.
- Cost & Management Accounting: Costing Techniques, Cost Audit, Project Planning, Financing, Analysis and Management, Quantitative Techniques, Operation & Project Management Control.
- Financial Management: Management Science, International Financial Management, Risk Management, Capital Market Analysis, Financial Derivatives, Security Analysis and Investment Management.
Discipline: Human Resource
- Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Planning
- Recruitment & Selection
- Human Resource Development: Strategies and Systems
- Performance Management & Appraisal
- Competency Mapping
- Training and Development
- Management of Compensations and Benefits
- Rewards & Recognition
- Organizational Structure Design and Change
- Management Process and Organizational Behavior
- Management of Change and Organization Effectiveness
- Managing Interpersonal and Group Processes
- Emotional Intelligence and Managerial Effectiveness
- Transactional Analysis
- Industrial Relations & Trade Unions Labour Laws
- Conflict Management
- Collective Bargaining and Negations process
- Grievance Management
- Management Science
- Business Policy and Strategic Analysis
- Corporate Evolution and Strategic Management
- Cross Cultural and Global Management
- International Business Environment
- Business Ethics, Corporate Governance & Social Responsibility
- Understanding Society and Social Structure
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Management and Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Quantitative Methods & Research Methodology
- Production and Operations Management
- Marketing Research
- Computer Applications in Business
- Management Information Systems
- Human Resource Information System
- Total Quality Management
- Production Function
- Micro Economics, applied to plant and industrial undertaking
- Process Planning
- Manufacturing Schedule
- Replacement Analysis
- Purchasing or Procurement
- Purchase Organisation
- Buying Techniques
- Quantity and Quality Standards
- The Purchasing Procedure
- Stores, Material Control & Scrap Disposal
- Receipts and Issue of Materials
- Store Records
- Codification of Material
- Physical Verification of Stores
- Inventory Control
- Inventory Classification
- Inventory Management
- Objectives of Inventory Control
- Functions of Inventories
- Economic Order Quantity
- Inventory Models
- ABC Analysis
- Material Requirements Planning
- Manufacturing Resources Planning
- Operation Cycle
Database Management System
- File Based Data Management – Disadvantages of file system
- Database systems – Need for Database, Advantages of using a database
- Characteristics of data in a database – Functions of DBMS, Components of a database, Comparison between Database and file-processing systems
- Data dictionary – Data abstraction, Data independence – Logical and Physical data independence
- Architecture: Overall Architecture of DBMS
- Three level architecture – Hierarchical, Networking, Relational Data Models (E-R Model, E-R Diagrams, EER Model), Advantages and Disadvantages of each model.
- Advanced Concepts: Introduction to Data warehousing and Data mining – Different types
- Client/Server Technology: Client – Server – Distributed and Co-operative processing – Peer- to – Peer processing – Application components – Transaction management.
- Relational Structure – Characteristics of Relational Database Model – CODD’s rules – Tables (Relations), Rows (Tuples), Domains, Attributes, Extension, Intention.
- Keys: Candidate Key, Primary Key, Foreign Key, Super Keys, Unique Keys.
- Data Constraints: Referential Integrity Constraints, Entity Integrity Constraints, Constraints like Primary key constraint, Unique, Check constraint strong Entity, Weak Entity.
- Normalization: Introduction – Purpose of Normalization – Definition of Functional Dependence (FD) Relational database Design, – Normal forms: 1NF, 2NF, 3NF, BCNF, 4Nf and 5 NF.
- Database Administration: DBA Tasks – DBA Tools – User Privileges – Performance monitoring and tuning – Query tracing – Backup and Recovery
- Introduction to SQL: Advantages of SQL – Invoking SQL*PLUS, The Oracle Data-types, Data Definition Language (DDL), Data Manipulation language (DML), Data Control Language (DCL), Data Query Language ( DQL) and all related commands.
- Queries using Group by and Order by clause & Join: Querying a Single Table, Ordering results, grouping the results, Joins, Types of Joins, Sub queries.
- Operators: Logical, Value, Syntax and Query expression operators – Set operators.
- Functions: Character, Arithmetic, Date and time, Group and Miscellaneous Functions, Commit, Rollback, Savepoint.
- Format models: Character, Numeric & Date Format models.
- Views: Introduction – Advantages of views – The Create View Command, Updating Views, Views and Joins, Views and Sub queries – Dropping Views.
- Sequences: Creating Sequences, Altering Sequences, Dropping Sequences.
- Indexes: Index Types, Creating of an Index: Simple Unique and Composite Index, Dropping Indexes.
- Snapshots: Creating a Snapshot, Altering Snapshot, Dropping a Snapshot.
- Introduction to PL/SQL: The PL/SQL Syntax, The PL/SQL Block Structure, Fundamentals of PL/ SQL, Advantages of PL/SQL data Types.
- Control Structure: Conditional Control, Iterative Control, Sequential Control.
- Exception handling: Predefined Exception – User defined Exception.
- Cursors: Implicit and Explicit Cursors
- Procedures: Advantages – Creating – Executing and Deleting a Stored Procedure.
- Functions: Advantages – Creating – Executing and Deleting a Function.
- Database Triggers: Use of Database Triggers – How to apply database Triggers – Types of Triggers – Syntax for Creating Trigger – Deleting Trigger.
Data Communication and Networking
- Data Communication: Components of a data communication – Data flow: simplex – half duplex – full duplex; Networks – Definition – Network criteria – Types of Connections: Point to point – multipoint; Topologies: Star, Bus, Ring, Mesh, Hybrid – Advantages and Disadvantages of each topology.
- Types of Networks: LAN – MAN – WAN – CAN – HAN – Internet – Intranet –Extranet, ClientServer, Peer To Peer Networks.
- Transmission Media: Classification of transmission media – Guided – Twisted pair, Coaxial, Fiber optics; unguided – Radio waves – Infrared – LOS – VSAT – cabling and standards
- Network devices: Features and concepts of Switches – Routers (Wired and Wireless) – Gateways.
- Network Models: Protocol definition – standards – OSI Model – layered architecture – functions of all layers.
- Data Link Layer: Framing & its methods, Flow Control, Error control. DLL Protocol, Piggybacking & Pipelining. MAC Sub layer, Media access control for LAN & WAN, collision, IEEE 802 standards for LAN & MAN & their comparison. Ethernet, Wireless LANs, Broadband Wireless, Bluetooth.
- Network Layer: Routing, Congestion Control Algorithms, IP protocol, IP Addresses, Comparative study of IPv4 & IPv6, Mobile IP.
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) – User Datagram Protocol, Data Traffic, Congestion Control and Quality of Service
- Network Security: Cryptography, Message Security, Digital Signature, User Authentication, Key Management, Security Protocols Internet,DNS,SMTP, FTP, HTTP, WWW, Virtual Terminal Protocol.
- Introduction to System Programs & Operating Systems, Buffering & Spooling, Types of Operating System.
- File concepts, access methods, free space managements, allocation methods, directory systems, protection, organization, sharing & implementation issues, etc.
- Process: Concept, Process Control Blocks (PCB), Scheduling criteria Preemptive & non Preemptive process scheduling, Scheduling algorithms, algorithm evaluation, multiple processor scheduling, real time scheduling, threads, critical section problem, semaphores, and classical problems of synchronization, etc.
- Memory Hierarchy, logical and physical address space, swapping, contiguous and non contiguous allocation, paging, segmentation, Concepts of virtual memory, Cache Memory Organization, demand paging, page replacement algorithms, allocation of frames, thrashing, demand segmentation.
- Distributed operating system:-Types, Design issues, File system, Remote file access, RPC, RMI, Distributed Shared Memory(DSM), Basic Concept of Parallel Processing & Concurrent Programming
- Security & threats protection: Security violation through Parameter, Computer Worms & Virus, Security Design Principle, Authentications, Protection Mechanisms.
- The Software Product and Software Process Models, Software Process customization and improvement.
- Requirement Elicitation, Analysis, and Specification Functional and Non-functional requirements, Validation, Trace ability.
- Software Design, Architectural Design, User Interface Design, Function-oriented Design, SA/SD Component Based Design, Design Metrics.
- Software Analysis and Testing, Software Test Process, Testing Levels, Test Criteria, Test Case Design, Test Oracles, Test Techniques, Black-Box Testing, etc.
- Software Maintenance & Software Project Measurement: Software Configuration Management (SCM), Re-engineering, Reverse Engineering. Project Management Concepts, Feasilibility Analysis, Project and Process Planning, Resources Project Scheduling and Tracking, etc.
- Introduction: Basic Terminology, Data types and its classification, Array Definition, Representation and Analysis of Arrays, Single and Multidimensional Arrays, etc.
- Stack, Array Implementation of stack, Linked Representation of Stack, Queue, Array and linked implementation of queues, Circular queues, D-queues and Priority Queues. Linked list, Generalized linked list.
- Trees: Basic terminology, Binary Trees, Complete Binary Tree, Extended Binary Trees, Array and Linked Representation of Binary trees, etc.
- Internal and External sorting ,Insertion Sort, Bubble Sort, selection sort Quick Sort, Merge Sort, Heap Sort, Radix sort, Searching & Hashing: Sequential search, binary search, Hash Table, Hash Functions, etc.
- Graphs: Introduction, Sequential Representations of Graphs, Adjacency Matrices, Traversal, Connected Component and Spanning Trees, Minimum Cost Spanning Trees.
- Introduction to Compiler, Phases and passes, Bootstrapping, Implementation of lexical analyzers, LEX: lexical analyzer generator, Input buffering, Recognition of tokens, Error handling.
- Basic Parsing Techniques: Parsers, Shift reduce parsing, operator precedence parsing, top down parsing, predictive parsers, LR parsers , an automatic parser generator
- Syntax directed definitions, L-attributed definitions, Syntax directed Translators, Intermediate code, etc.
- Symbol Tables, Run-Time Administration, simple stack allocation scheme, storage allocation in block structured language, Code Optimization and Code Generation
- Parsing control statements, syntax diagrams, Error Recovery, Interpreting control statements, parsing programs, procedures and Functions.
Computer Organization and Microprocessor
- Computer System: Basic Computer Operation, Machine Instructions, Addressing Modes, DLX Architecture,
- Computer Configuration, Memory organization, Memory Architecture and Interface, DMA, Synchronization, etc.
- Microprocessor As A CPU– types of Microprocessor, Microcomputers, Computer Languages, Flags, Program Counter(PC), Stack Pointer, OPCode Format, etc.
- Input-output System.
Object Oriented Programming (OOPS)
- General concept OOPS– Object, Classes, Data Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism,
Methods and Messages, Dynamic Binding.
- Features, Advantages and Applications of OOPS
- Aggregation and Association, Generalization, Multiple Inheritance.
- Companies Act, 2013
- The arbitration and Conciliation Act of 1996 along with the Arbitration and Conciliation Amendment Act, 2015
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Transfer of Property Act, 1882
- The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- The Constitution of India
- The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
- The factories Act, 1948
- The Payment of Wages Act, 1936
- The Minimum Wages Act, 1948
- The Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970
- The Employees Provident Fund & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
- The Employees compensation Act, 1923
- The Employees state Insurance Act, 1948
- Maternity benefit Act, 1961
- The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- The payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- Rules of Drafting and Conveyancing
- CCS(CCA) Rules on service matters