SSC JE 2019 Notification: Staff Selection Commission has released SSC JE 2019 Recruitment Notification in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Quantity Surveying & Contracts for various Departments / Organizations in the Government of India. So interested and eligible candidates can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria on or before 25th February 2019.Name of the Post: SSC JE ( Junior Engineers in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Quantity Surveying & Contracts )
Post Date: 01-02-2019
No. of Vacancies: 1601
- SSC JE 2019 Exam Dates
- SSC JE 2019 Post Details
- Eligibility Criteria
- SSC JE 2019 Exam Scheme
- Selection Process
- How to Apply
- Application Link
Other Category you may be interested in:
|Starting Date for submission of Application|
|Last Date for submission of Application|
25-02-2019 till 5:00 PM
|Last Date for payment of Fee Online|
27-02-2019 till 5:00 PM
|Last date for payment through Challan|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Paper-I)||23-09-2019 to 27-09-2019|
|Date of Paper-II (Conventional)||29-12-2019|
|SNo.||Organization||Post||No of Posts|
|1||Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil/ Mechanical)||164|
|2||Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical)||479|
|3||Department of Posts||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Not mentioned|
|4||Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical and Mechanical/ Quantity Surveying and Contracts)||145|
|5||Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)||17|
|6||Border Road Organization||Junior Engineer (Civil)||767|
|7||Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)||4|
|8||Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical/ Electrical)||25|
|9||National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical/ (Mechanical)||Not mentioned|
Note: Only male candidates are eligible for the posts of Junior Engineers in the Border Roads Organization.
- Level – 6 (Rs 35400-112400/-) of pay matrix of 7th CPC.
Age limit (as on 01.08.2019):
|Central Water Commission/ Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)||32 years|
|Department of Posts/ Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Civil)/ Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying and Contracts)||27 years|
|All Other Organizations||All Other Posts||30 years|
|SC/ST/Domicile of J&K during 01-01-1980 to 31-10-1989||5 years|
|OBC/Defence Personnel disabled in operation/ESM||3 years|
|PWD (UR)||10 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation (SC/ST)||8 years|
Note: Age relaxation is not admissible to sons, daughters and dependents of ExServicemen. Therefore, such candidates should not indicate their category as ex servicemen.
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
Junior Engineer (Civil/ Mechanical), Central Water Commission
- Degree or Diploma in relevant Engineering from a recognized University or Institution.
Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical), CPWD
- Diploma in relevant Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.
Junior Engineer (Civil), Department of Posts
- Diploma or equivalent in Civil Engineering from an institution recognized by the Central Government or State Government.
Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical & Mechanical), MES
- Degree in relevant Engineering from a recognized University Or
- Diploma in relevant Engineering from a recognized Institute or University or Board; and
- 2 years experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance of Concerned Engineering works.
Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contracts), MES
- Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized Institute/ University/ Board or equivalent; or
- Passed Intermediate examination in Buildings and Quantity Surveying Sub-Division-II of the Institute of Surveyors (India).
Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical), Farakka Barrage Project
- Diploma in relevant Engineering from a recognized University or Institute or Board.
Junior Engineer (Civil), Border Roads Organization, Ministry of Defence
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute or
- Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute/ Board; and
- Two years working experience in Planning/ Execution/ Maintenance of Civil Engineering works.
Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical), Central Water Power Research Station
- Diploma in relevant Engineering from a recognized University.
Junior Engineer (Mechanical/ Electrical), Directorate of Quality Assurance, Naval
- Degree in relevant Engineering from a recognized University; or
- Diploma in relevant Engineering from a recognized University or Institution; and
- Two years experience in the respective fields.
Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical), National Technical Research Organization
- Diploma in relevant Engineering from recognized University/ Institution
- Paper-I (Computer Based Examination)
- Paper-II (Descriptive Type)
|Paper||Subject||No of Qns||Max Marks||Duration|
|Paper I (Computer Based Exam)||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours (2 hours 40 mins for Scribe)|
|Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) or Part-B General Engineering (Electrical) or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||100||100|
|Paper II (Descriptive Type)||Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) or Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||300||2 hours (2 hours 40 mins for Scribe)|
Note: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I. Marks scored by candidates in Paper-I will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
- Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in.
- For One-Time Registration, click on ‘Register Now’ link provided in ‘Login’ Section
- One-Time Registration process requires filling up of following information:
a. Basic Details
b. Additional Details
c. Contact Details
d. Photo Signature and LTI
- Click ‘Apply’ link in ‘Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Quantity Surveying & Contracts) Examination, 2018’ section under ‘Latest Notifications’ tab.
- Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card.
|For Official Notification|
|For SSC JE Syllabus 2019|
|For Official Website|
The Estimates Committee of the Parliament, in its 47th Report (1967-68), recommended the setting up of a Service Selection Commission for conducting examinations for recruitment to lower categories of posts. Pursuant to this, and as an interim measure, an Examination Wing was initially added to the Secretariat Training School, subsequently renamed as the Institute of Secretariat Training and Management (ISTM).