SSC MTS Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2019: Staff Selection Commission had released SSC MTS Exam 2019 Notification for recruitment to various posts in General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India, in different States/ Union Territories. Interested and eligible candidates may apply on or before 29th May 2019.The Selection will be made through 2 stages ie. Computer Based Exam Tier I and Tier 2 (Descriptive). The CBT Tier 1 is scheduled to be held from 2nd August 2019 to 6th September 2019. The Details of SSC MTS Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2019 are as follow:
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2019 – CBT Tier I
|Part||Subject||No of Qns||Max Marks||Duration|
|I||General English||25||25||90 Minutes|
(120 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribes)
|II||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-II, III & IV.
- Marks scored by candidates in Tier-I will be normalized.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2019 – CBT Tier I
- Basics of English Language,
- Sentence Structure,
- Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage, etc.
- Writing ability
General Intelligence and Reasoning:
It would include questions of non-verbal type. The test will include questions on
- similarities and differences,
- space visualization,
- problem solving, analysis, judgment,
- decision making,
- visual memory,
- discriminating observation,
- relationship concepts,
- figure classification,
- arithmetical number series,
- non-verbal series etc.
The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
- Number Systems,
- Computation of Whole Numbers,
- Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers,
- Fundamental arithmetical operations,
- Ratio and Proportion,
- Profit and Loss,
- Use of Tables and Graphs,
- Time and Distance,
- Ratio and Time,
- Time and Work, etc.
The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to
- Economic scene,
- General Polity including Indian Constitution, and
- Scientific Research etc.
Note: For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability, there will be no component of Maps/ Graphs/ Diagrams/ Statistical Data in the Paper.
SSC MTS Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019 – Descriptive Paper Tier II
|1||Short Essay/ Letter in English or any other language eligible as per the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes|
(40 minutes compensatory time to the candidates eligible for scribes)
- Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper in “Pen and Paper‟ Mode.
- The Tier-II will be qualifying in nature.
- Marks scored by the candidates in Paper-II will be used to decide merit in case if more than one candidate score equal marks in Paper-I.
Important Links of SSC MTS 2019 Notification:
|For SSC MTS 2019 Notification|
|For SSC Exam Calendar 2019-20|
|For Latest SSC Notification|
|For Official Website|