TN District Judge Recruitment 2019 Notification has been released by Government of Tamilnadu Public Department. Notification is out for a total of 31 posts. Interested candidates can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria before 4th February 2019.
Name of the Post: District Judge
Post Date: 13-01-2019
No. of Vacancies: 31
Important dates to Remember:
Starting date for form submission
|Last date for form submission|
Last date for remittance of fee through Bank
Main Written Examination
|25-05-2019 & 02-05-2019|
Fourth week of June 2019
Vacancy details of TN District Judge Recruitment 2019:
|Category||No of post|
Total Number of Post
10 (3 Woman including 1 Woman HH)
|GT(Woman)(Hard of Hearing)||1|
9 (3 Woman)
6 (2 Woman)
4 (1 Woman)
- Rs. 51,550 – 1230 – 58,930 – 1380 – 63,070+Allowances .
Age limit as on 01-07-2019:
|Minimum Age (should have completed)|
Maximum Age (should Not have completed)
For Practicing Advocates/ Pleader / Assistant Public Prosecutors / Judicial Officers.
|For Reserved category (BC / BCM /MBC&DC / SC / SC(A) / ST||35 Years||48 Years|
- He must be a citizen of India;
- Must possess adequate knowledge to read, write and speak in English and Tamil.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
For Practising Advocates/ Pleaders / Assistant Public Prosecutors/ Judicial Officers:
(i)Must possess a Degree in Law of a University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or a State Act or an Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission, or recognized by Bar Council of India or any other equivalent qualification and enrolled as an Advocate under a State Bar Council established under the Advocates Act, 1961.
(ii)(a) Must be practising as an Advocate/Pleader in the High Courts or Supreme Courts or Courts Subordinate thereto and must have practiced for a period of not less than seven years on the date of notification.
(b) Must be an Assistant Public Prosecutor having not less than seven years of experience as an Advocate and /or Assistant Public Prosecutor on the date of notification.
(c) Must have practised for a period of not less than 7 years on the date of notification and continue to be a practicing Advocate/working Assistant Public Prosecutor till the date of selection and appointment. or
(d)Serving Judicial Officers (Civil Judges and Senior Civil Judges) having seven years practice, as Advocate and Judicial Service put together, are permitted to participate in the selection subject to the outcome of SLP No.14156/2015 pending before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
NOTE: Applicants applying under the category of “practicing Advocates” ,who have graduated in Law from the academic year 2009-2010 and thereafter, must have also passed the All India Bar Examination, conducted by the Bar Council of India.
- Preliminary examination
- Mains examination
Scheme of exam:
|Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum marks for a Pass|
Preliminary Examination Paper – I
|Preliminary Examination Paper – II||3 Hours||150||60||52.50|
|Maximum Marks||Minimum marks for a Pass|
Law Paper – I
|Translation and Essay Writing Paper||100||45||40|
Law Paper – II
Translation and Essay Writing Paper includes :Writing Skill, Essay Writing on Current Developments in Law and Translation.
Examination Fee concession:
Differently Abled Persons.
|Total Exemption As per eligibility criteria|
For Differently Abled Persons, the disability should be not less than 40%.
Mode of Payment: can be paid at any branch of Indian Bank
How to Apply for TN District Judge Recruitment 2019:
- Candidates have to apply online through www.tn.gov.in or https://www.mhc.tn.gov.in
- Candidates must register themselves by filling the Basic information like Email ID,Mobile number,Name and a Password.
- After entering all the details a link will be sent to the Email Id provided by the Candidates. The candidate shall click on the link and activate the same.
- After the link activation, the candidate can login to the website by using their email ID as the user ID and the password will be the one created by them during registration.
- The applicants shall fill their personal information, Educational Information, and other additional Information as required in the application form. They shall upload their scanned copy of passport size photograph of high contrast and their full signature.
- After filling the Declaration, The applicants shall carefully verify the details furnished by them and confirm the same by selecting “SUBMIT” button.
- Once the application is submitted a challan containing the required details of the applicant will be generated automatically. The applicant shall take the printout of the challan and shall make the payment through Indian Bank.
The State of Tamil Nadu has a hoary antiquity. Though early sangam classics throw historical references, we pass to recorded history only from the Pallavas.The southern states of India were under the hegemony of the Cholas, the Cheras and the Pandyas for centuries. The Pallavas held supremacy from about the second quarter of the fourth century A.D. They were the originators of the famous Dravidian style of temple architecture. The last Pallava ruler was Aparajita, in whose reign the later Cholas under Vijayalaya and Aditya asserted themselves by about the 10th century. At the end of the 11th century, Tamil Nadu was ruled by several dynasties like the Chalukyas, Cholas and Pandyas. In the two centuries that followed, the imperial Cholas gained paramountcy over South India.