TamilNadu Medical Services Recruitment Board has released TN MRB Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2018 notification. Interested candidates can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria.
Name of the Post: Assistant Surgeon(General)
Post Date: 25-09-2018
No. of Vacancies: 1884
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application|
|Last Date for submission of Application & Online Payment of Fee|
|Last date for Offline Payment of Fee||17-10-2018|
|Date of Examination||09-12-2018|
Vacancy details of TN MRB Assistant Surgeon Recruitment:
|Category||G||w||DAP (PH)||Backlog Vacancies||Total Vacancies|
Age limit (as on 01.07.2018):
Note: Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC&DCs, BCs, BCMs who have put in 5 years or more of service in the State/Central Government are not eligible to apply even if they are within the age limit.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- MBBS Degree or its equivalent qualification awarded by a University or Institution recognised by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grants. The courses must have been approved by the Medical Council of India.
- Must be a registered practitioner within the meaning of the Madras Medical Registration Act, 1914.
- Must have served as House Surgeon (CRRI) for a period of not less than twelve months.
- Candidates should have registered their name in the Tamil Nadu Medical Council on or before the date of this Notification.
- Candidate on the date of the Board’s Notification for the post should possess adequate knowledge in Tamil. Candidates who do not possess an adequate knowledge in Tamil may also apply. If selected, they should pass the Second Class Language Test (Full Test) in Tamil within a period of two years from the date of their appointment, failing which they will be discharged from service
- Written Examination
- Document Verification
Scheme of Exam:
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying marks|
|Written examination in OMR sheet; 200 Objective type Questions||2:30|
Note: There will be no negative mark for the wrong answer.Examination will be held at CHENNAI
How to Apply for TN MRB Assistant Surgeon Recruitment:
- Interested candidates are first required to log on to the Medical Services Recruitment Board’s website www.mrb.tn.gov.in
- On the Home Page, click “Online Registration” to open up the On-Line Application Form.
- Select the name of the post(s)
- All the required particulars be entered without skipping any field.
- Mobile number and e-mail ID are mandatory. All communication from MRB will be sent to the registered mobile number by SMS and registered e-mail ID ONLY. No Communication will be sent by Post.
- Candidates are required to upload their scanned copy of colour photograph and, scanned copy of signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature. An online application is incomplete without the Photograph and Signature upload.
- In case of candidate wishes to pay fees through the online payment gateway, i.e. Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit card and Mobile wallet Payment, an additional page of the application form will be displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details to make payment.
- For offline mode of payment candidates have to click “Please Download the Bank Challan”.
About TN MRB:
The Medical Services Recruitment Board (MRB) was constituted by the Government of Tamil Nadu in G.O. (Ms) No.1, Health and Family Welfare (C2) Department dated 02.01.2012 with the objective of making appointments to various categories of staff in the Health and Family Welfare Department by way of direct recruitment, in a speedy manner, keeping in view the nature, importance and essentiality of these posts. The Medical Services Recruitment Board started functioning with effect from 06.02.2012.