TNPSC Assistant Superintendent Recruitment 2019 – 4 Posts
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has released TNPSC Assistant Superintendent Recruitment 2019 notification in the Tamil Nadu Social Defence Subordinate Service. Interested and eligible candidates can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria on or before 15th March 2019.
Name of the Post: Assistant Superintendent
Post Date: 15-02-2019
No. of Vacancies: 4
Other Category you may be interested in:
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application||
|Last Date for submission of Application||
|Last Date for payment of Fee through SBI or Indian Bank||
|Date of Examination||
Vacancy details of TNPSC Assistant Superintendent Recruitment:
|Sl.No.||Name of Post||No of Posts|
|1||Assistant Superintendent of Approved Schools in Social Defence Department||2|
|2||Assistant Superintendent of Approved Schools in Social Defence Department (Female only)||1|
|3||Assistant Superintendent of Vigilance Institutions in Social Defence Department (Female only)||1|
Age limit (as on 01.07.2019):
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
- No maximum age limit for SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all castes.
- 40 years for Differently Abled Persons
- 48 years for Ex-Servicemen.
- Maximum Age limit shall be applicable up to 58 years only.
Educational Qualification and Experience (as on 28.01.2019):
Assistant Superintendent of Approved Schools (Men’s Wing):
- Master’s degree in Criminology or Forensic Science; or B.A. degree in Psychology or in Philosophy with Psychology as one of the subjects of study.
- Must be atleast 160 cms in height and 79 cms round the chest on full expiration and must have chest expansion of atleast five cms. (For Men)
- Must be atleast 145 cms in height and 71 cms round the chest with an expansion of atleast two cms. (For Women)
Assistant Superintendent of Approved Schools (Women’s Wing):
- A Master’s degree in Criminology or Forensic Science; or B.A. degree in Psychology or in Philosophy with Psychology as one of the subjects of study.
- Must be atleast 145 cms in height and 71 cms round the chest with an expansion of atleast two cms.
Assistant Superintendent of Vigilance Institutions:
- Master’s degree in Criminology or Forensic Science; or
- B.A. degree in Psychology or in Philosophy with Psychology as one of the subjects of study.
- Applicants selected will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed before appointment.
- Applicants should possess knowledge in Tamil.
- Objective Test
- Interview / Oral test
Scheme of Exam:
|Subject||No of Qns||Duration||
2. Forensic Science
|II||General Studies||100||2 hours||
Interview & Records
Note: The Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection for is 171 marks forSCs,SC(A)s,STs, MBCs/DCs,BCs and BCMs/ 228 marks for Others.
Center for Examination: Chennai, Madurai, Coimbatore.
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Widow||No Fee|
|MBC/ DC/ BC||No Fee (3 free chances)|
|EXS||No Fee (2 free chances)|
|One-Time Registration Fee of Rs.150/- valid for 5 years for all|
How to Apply for TNPSC Assistant Superintendent Recruitment:
- Applicants can apply online mode from the Commission‟s Websites www.tnpsc.gov.in.
- Applicant should register themselves through the One-Time Registration by paying Rs.150/- as Registration fee.
- The applicants should upload scanned image of their photograph and signature in the One time Registration Form.
- Applicant shall click “Apply” against the Notification in the Commission’s Website and use the same USER ID and PASSWORD given for ONE-TIME REGISTRATION.
Articles 316 to 319 deal with the structure of State Public Service Commissions. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is headed by the Chairman and Comprises of fourteen other members, all appointed by the Governor of Tamil Nadu, in accordance with the above provisions of the Constitution of India.