Union Bank of India Armed Guard Recruitment 2019 – 100 Posts
Union Bank of India has released Armed Guard Recruitment 2019 notification in the Subordinate cadre
through direct recruitment. Interested and eligible candidates who are Ex Servicemen can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria on or before 18th February 2019.
Post Date: 22-01-2019
No. of Vacancies: 100
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application||
|Last Date for submission of Application||
Vacancy details of Union Bank of India Armed Guard Recruitment:
|Sl.No.||State||No of Vacancies|
|8||Jammu & Kashmir||4|
Age limit (as on 01.01.2019):
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 25 years
|OBC NCL||3 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during 1.1.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years, subject to a maximum age limit of 45 years|
Nationality / Citizenship:
- citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee, who migrated to India before 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan / Burma / Sri Lanka / East African countries of Kenya / Uganda / the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar) / Zambia / Malawi / Zaire / Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- A pass in 10th standard or its equivalent examination but the candidate should not have passed 10+2 examination or its equivalent.
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/ Union Territory for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply.
- His character should be ‘EXEMPLARY’ at the time of valid discharge from Armed Forces.
- The medical standards which the candidates must possess should be minimum SHAPE 1 or AYE, whichever is applicable, at the time of valid discharge from the Armed Forces.
- Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculate Ex-Servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on the Cut-off Date. Such certificates should be dated on or before the Cut-off Date.
- Online Test
- Physical Fitness Test
- Language Proficiency Test
Scheme of Selection:
|Sl.No.||Name of Tests||Maximum Score|
|1||Online Test having a Duration of One Hour||70|
|2||Physical Fitness Test||30|
|Sl.No.||Sub Tests||No of Qns||Max Score||Qualifying Score|
|3||Test of Reasoning||25||25||10|
|4||Test of Security and Military Knowledge||15||15||0|
|Total||70||70||25 for UR/ 28 for reserved category|
Physical Fitness Test:
|Sl.No.||Sub Tests||Components Assessed||Maximum Scores||Qualifying Score|
|1||Push Ups||Strength. Upper body muscular endurance and trunk stability||10||5|
|2||Sit Ups||Strength of the core body muscles||10||5|
|3||5 Meter Shuttle Run||Lower body muscular strength, anaerobic power, speed, agility and coordination||10||5|
Language Proficiency Test:
The Official Language Proficiency Test comprising of 20 Marks would be administered to only those candidates who have not studied in the Official Language of the State / Union Territory in their school as revealed in their Mark Sheet issued by the School / Board.
How to Apply for Union Bank of India Armed Guard Recruitment:
- Candidates are first required to go to the Bank’s website www.unionbankofindia.co.in and click on the ‘Recruitment’ Page to open the link “Armed Guard Recruitment 2018-19” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE” to open the On-Line Application Form.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details‘ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button
About Union Bank of India:
Union Bank of India was established on 11th November 1919 with its headquarters in the city of Bombay now known as Mumbai. The Head Office building of the Bank in Mumbai was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the nation in the year 1921, and he said on the occasion: “We should have the ability to carry on a big bank, to manage efficiently crore of rupees in the course of our national activities. Though we have not many banks amongst us, it does not follow that we are not capable of efficiently managing crore and tens of crore of rupees.”