Union Public Service Commission has released UPSC CDS Exam (II) Notification 2019. UPSC conducts Combined Defence Services CDS Exam twice every year. Notification is out for a total of 417 vacancies. Interested candidates can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria on or before 08th July 2019.
Name of the Post: CDS Exam (II) 2019
Post Date: 12/06/2019
No. of Vacancies: 417
Other category jobs you may be Interested in:
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application||12/06/2019|
|Last Date for submission of Application||08/07/2019 till 6:00 PM|
|Withdrawal of Online Application||15/07/2019 to 22/07/2019|
|Date of CDS Exam (I) 2019||3rd February 2019|
Vacancy details of UPSC CDS Exam (II) Notification 2019:
|SNo||Name of the Post/Course||No of Posts|
|1||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|2||Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||45|
|3||Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|4||Officers Training Academy, Chennai, SSC (Men)||225|
|5||Officers Training Academy, Chennai, SSC (Women)||15|
Note: Since women candidates are eligible for OTA only, they should give OTA as their first and only preference.
- Rs 56,100/-p.m. (Starting pay in Level 10)
A candidate must be unmarried and must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
|SNo||Name of the Post/Course||Age Limit|
|1||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||Born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2001|
|2||Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||Born not earlier than 2 nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2001|
|3||Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||Born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2000|
|4||Officers Training Academy, Chennai SSC (Men)||Born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 2001|
|5||Officers Training Academy, Chennai SSC (Women)||Born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 2001|
Note: Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried male.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy:
- Must possess a Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
For Indian Naval Academy:
- Must possess a Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution.
For Air Force Academy:
- Must possess a Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
Note: Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission as per guidelines.
- Written Exam
Scheme of Exam:
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
Interview: 300 marks
Mode of Payment: Online
How to Apply for UPSC CDS Exam (II) Notification 2019:
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Before Applying Candidates should ensure to have a valid mobile number and email ID.
- Fill up all the required information in the application carefully as per the instruction and SAVE it and upload required documents like Scanned Photograph & Signature in the stipulated size & format.After filling-up all the required fields of the On-line Application, verified the application and click ‘CONFIRM’.
- Download the acknowledgement slip for future reference.
|To Apply||Click here|
|For Official Notification||Click here|
|UPSC CDS Exam (II) Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019||Click here|
|For Official Website||Click here|
About UPSC CDS Exam:
The “Combined Defence Services” (CDS) Examination is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The Notification for the examination is usually released in the months of October and June, and the examinations are conducted in February and November respectively. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB).