UPSC CDS Exam (II) Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019: Union Public Service Commission has released UPSC CDS Exam (II) Notification 2019. UPSC conducts Combined Defence Services CDS Exam twice every year. Notification is out for a total of 417 vacancies. The recruitment process for the posts notified in this Centralized Employment Notification is based on Two stage viz Written Exam (Objective Type), followed by Interview. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online before 8th July 2019.
Other category jobs you may be Interested in:
UPSC CDS Exam (II) Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019– Exam Pattern for Written Exam:
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
- There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
UPSC CDS Exam (II) Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019: Syllabus for Written Test:
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
- Number System
- Natural numbers,
- Rational and Real numbers.
- Fundamental operations
- Square roots,
- Decimal fractions.
- Unitary method,
- time and distance,
- time and work,
- applications to simple and compound interest,
- profit and loss,
- ratio and proportion,
- Elementary Number Theory
- Division algorithm.
- Prime and composite numbers.
- Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11.
- Multiples and factors.
- Factorisation Theorem.
- H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Euclidean algorithm.
- Logarithms to base 10,
- laws of logarithms,
- use of logarithmic tables.
- Basic Operations,
- simple factors,
- Remainder Theorem,
- H.C.F., L.C.M.,
- Theory of polynomials,
- solutions of quadratic equations,
- relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered).
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns
- analytical and graphical solutions.
- Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions.
- Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions.
- Set language and set notation,
- Rational expressions and conditional identities,
- Laws of indices.
- Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°
- Simple trigonometric identities.
- Use of trigonometric tables.
- Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Lines and angles,
- Plane and plane figures,
- Theorems on
- Properties of angles at a point,
- Parallel lines,
- Sides and angles of a triangle,
- Congruency of triangles,
- Similar triangles,
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes,
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square,
- Circles and its properties including tangents and normals,
- Areas of squares,
- triangle and circle.
- Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book),
- Surface area and volume of cuboids,
- lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders,
- surface area and volume of spheres.
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data,
- Graphical representation frequency polygons,
- bar charts,
- pie charts etc.
- Measures of central tendency.
Intelligence and Personality Test: Interview: 300 marks
The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:-
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days