UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 | Apply for IAS, IPS & IFS Exam 2019
Union Public Service Commission has released UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 & Forest Service Exam 2019 Notification for IAS Exam / IPS Exam and IFS Exam 2019 etc. Interested and eligible candidates can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria on or before 18th March 2019.
Post Date: 19-02-2019
No. of Vacancies: 896
Other Category you may be interested in:
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application||
|Last Date for submission of Application||
18-03-2019 till 6:00 PM
|Date of Preliminary Exam||
Vacancy details of UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 Notification:
|PWBD||Total No of Vacancies|
Services and Posts under UPSC Civil Services Exam:
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
Age limit (as on 01.08.2019):
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 32 years
|SC / ST||5 years|
|Defence Services Personnel, disabled in operations||3 years|
|EXS including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at 5 years Military Service and have been released||5 years|
|ECOs/SSCOs who have completed 5 years of Military Service & whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment||5 years|
|PH||Up to 10 years|
|Domicile of J &K during the period from the 1st day of January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.||5 years|
- For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either:—
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
UPSC Civil Services Exam:
- Degree in any discipline from recognized university.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination.
UPSC Forest Service Exam:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering.
No of Attempts:
|SC / ST||Not Applicable|
|PWBD||9 for General|
Note: An attempt at a Preliminary Examination shall be deemed to be an attempt at the Civil Services Examination.
- Preliminary examination (Objective Type)
- Main examination (Conventional Type)
- Interview/Personality Test
|Others||Rs.100/- for Prelims & Rs.200/- for Mains (if Selected)|
|Female / SC / ST / PH||No Fee|
How to Apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019:
- Candidates are required to apply Online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application Form containing two stages viz. Part-I and Part-II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned site through drop down menu.
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/ PH who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 11.59 PM of 17.03.2019 i.e. one day before the closing date.
|For Official Notification (Civil Service)|
|For Official Notification (Forest Service)|
|For Official Website|
The Union Public Service Commission ( UPSC ) is India’s premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India Services and group A & group B of Central services. While Department of Training and Personnel is the central personnel agency in India.The commission is headquartered at Dholpur House, in New Delhi and functions through its own secretariat. Arvind Saxena is the current Chairman of UPSC.