Union Public Service Commission has released UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologists Exam 2019 Notification. Notification is out for a total of 106 posts. Interested and eligible candidates can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria on or before 16th April 2019.
Name of the Post: UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologists Exam
Post Date: 20-01-2019
No. of Vacancies: 106
Other Category you may be interested in:
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application|
|Last Date for submission of Application|
16-04-2019 till 6:00 PM
Vacancy details of UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologists Exam 2019 Notification:
Name of post
Category I: (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines)
Category II: (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources)
|Junior Hydro geologist (Scientist B)|
- Not mentioned
Age limit (as on 01.01.2019):
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age:
- Others – 32 Years
- Jr. Hydrogeologist – 35 Years
|SC / ST||5 years|
|Defence Services Personnel, disabled in operations||3 years|
|EXS including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at 5 years Military Service and have been released||5 years|
|ECOs/SSCOs who have completed 5 years of Military Service & whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment||5 years|
|PH||Up to 10 years|
|Domicile of J &K during the period from the 1st day of January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.||5 years|
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Candidates must possess Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or petroleum Geo science or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology.
- Candidates must possess M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics).
- M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a recognized University.
- Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a Recognized University
- Written examination
- Interview/ Personality Test
Scheme of Exam:
Common for all Category:
|General English||3 Hrs|
For the post of Geologist & Geophysicist:
Geology Paper I
Geology Paper II
Geology Paper III
For the post of Chemist:
Chemistry Paper I
Chemistry Paper II
Chemistry Paper III
For the post of Hydrogeologist:
Geology Paper I
Geology Paper II
|Female / SC / ST / PH||No Fee|
How to Apply for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologists Exam 2019 Notification:
- Candidates are required to apply Online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application Form containing two stages viz. Part-I and Part-II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned site through drop down menu.
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/ PH who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 11.59 PM of 15.04.2019 i.e. one day before the closing date.
The Union Public Service Commission ( UPSC ) is India’s premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India Services and group A & group B of Central services. While Department of Training and Personnel is the central personnel agency in India.The commission is headquartered at Dholpur House, in New Delhi and functions through its own secretariat. Arvind Saxena is the current Chairman of UPSC.