West Bengal Public Service Commission has released WBPSC Judicial Service Exam 2019 notification on temporary basis. Interested and eligible candidates can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria on or before 19th March 2019.
Name of the Post: Civil Judge (Jr. Divn.)
Post Date: 04-03-2019
No. of Vacancies: 35
Other Category you may be interested in:
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application||
04-03-2019 from 11:30 AM
|Last Date for submission of Application||
|Last Date for payment of Fee (Offline)||
|Date of Preliminary Exam||
|Date for Final Exam||
Vacancy Details of WBPSC Judicial Service Exam 2019 Notification:
Note: The S.C./S.T./B.C. candidates of other States shall be treated as general candidates.
Period of Contract:
Age limit (as on 02.03.2019):
- Minimum Age: 23 years
- Maximum Age: 35 years
Other relaxation as per govt rules.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- A degree in Law from any University or Institution affiliated to any University recognized by the State Government or the Central Government
- Enrolment as an advocate in the roll of Bar Council of any State or Union Territory in India
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali)
- Preliminary Examination (MCQ Type)
- Final Examination (Conventional Type – Written)
- Personality Test
Preliminary Exam Center: Kolkata and Darjeeling
Final Exam Center: Kolkata
Scheme of Preliminary Examination:
|Sl.No.||Subject||No of Qns||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||English Composition||30||30||2 and 1/2 hours|
|2||General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Test of Reasoning||40||40|
|4||Law of Contracts and Torts||20||20|
|5||Laws of Evidence||20||20|
|6||Civil Procedure Codes||20||20|
|7||Criminal Procedure Code and Indian Penal Code||20||20|
|9||Law of Limitation||20||20|
Syllabus for Preliminary Examination:
Questions on English Composition will cover synonyms, antonyms, idioms and phrases, vocabulary test, phrasal verbs, the same words bearing more than one meaning, use of appropriate and qualifying words etc.
Scheme of Final Exam:
|8 Compulsory Papers||800 (each 100)||3 hours (each)|
|3 Optional Papers||300 (each 100)|
Compulsory Papers :
- English Composition, essay, précis writing ;
- Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali composition, essay and translation from English into Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu / Nepali/ Santali ;
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs ;
- Civil procedure Code ;
- Criminal Procedure Code and Indian Penal Code ;
- Indian Evidence Act ;
- Law of Contracts and Torts and
- Transfer of Property Act.
Optional Papers (any three to be chosen) :
- Hindu Law ;
- Muhammadan Law ;
- Jurisprudence and principles of legislation ;
- Indian Law relating to Companies and Insurance ;
- Principles of Equity including the Law of Trusts and Specific Relief ;
- Partnership Act ;
- Law of Limitation and Law of Prescription ;
- The Indian Constitution and Constitutional Law.
Note: All answers must be written either in English or in Bengali (unless otherwise directed in the question papers) except in the language papers.
Personality Test: 100 marks.
|SC/ST of West Bengal/PWD||No Fee|
How to Apply for WBPSC Judicial Service Exam 2019 Notification:
- Applications can be submitted through online only in the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbapplication.in.
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one category of posts should submit separate Application along with requisite fees for each.
- Candidates can pay the Application fee through Online/ Offline mode.
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal or PSCWB (Bengali: পশ্চিমবঙ্গ লোকসেবা আয়োগ) is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of state of West Bengal in India. The office of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal is situated in Mudiali, Tollygunge area, Kolkata. The official address is 161A Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Road, Kolkata 700026.