West Bengal Public Service Commission has released WBPSC Legal Service Exam Recruitment 2018 notification on temporary basis. Interested candidates can check the details given below and apply online based on the eligibility criteria.
Name of the Post: Legal Service Exam
Post Date: 01-11-2018
No. of Vacancies: 35
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting Date for submission of Application|
|Last Date for submission of Application|
15-11-2018 till 12:00 midnight
|Last Date for submission of Fee through Offline|
* However, the Challan must be generated by the 15th November, 2018 positively.
Vacancy details of WBPSC Legal Service Exam Recruitment:
|15||6||2||10 (A-5, B-5)||2 (VH-1,OH-1)||35|
Note: SC, ST and BC candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as General candidates.
(PB – 4A) Rs.15,600-42,000/- + Grade Pay of Rs.5,400/-
Age limit (as on 01.01.2018):
- Minimum Age: 23 years
- Maximum Age: 36 years
Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and by 3 years for BC (Non- Creamy Layer) candidates of West Bengal and up to 45 years of age for PWD having disability of 40% and above as per Govt. Rules. Upper age limit is also relaxable for the candidates serving under Govt. of West Bengal.
Essential Qualification and Experience:
- A citizen of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Government of India.
- A degree in Law from a recognized University.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those whose mother tongue is Nepali)
- Written Exam
- Personality test
- Medical Examination
Scheme of Exam:
|Sl.No.||Name of Test||Marks|
|1||Written Exam (9 papers)||900|
Note: The standard of examination in the Law papers (Compulsory and Optional) will be that of the LL.B. Degree of the Calcutta University. All answers must be written either in English or in Bengali except in Paper – I.
The Written Examination will be held in Kolkata centre only in 2nd week of December, 2018 followed by the Personality Test. The Personality Test of the candidates to be selected on the results of the written examination will be held at the Commission’s office in Kolkata.
Candidates suffering from Low Vision And candidates with Locomotor disability will be allowed compensatory
time of 20 minutes per hour.
|SC/ST of West Bengal/PWD||No Fee|
How to Apply for WBPSC Legal Service Exam Recruitment:
- Applications can be submitted through online only through www.pscwbapplication.in.
- Rs.210/- only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- only for online payment through debit/credit card plus service charge /GST as applicable as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- only for Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- only for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment).
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal or PSCWB (Bengali: পশ্চিমবঙ্গ লোকসেবা আয়োগ) is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of state of West Bengal in India. The office of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal is situated in Mudiali, Tollygunge area, Kolkata. The official address is 161A Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Road, Kolkata 700026.