West Bengal Police Constable Recruitment 2019 Notification has been released by West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. Notification is out for a total of 8419 posts. Interested candidates can check the details given below and apply offline based on the eligibility criteria before 5th March 2019.
Name of the Post: Constable
Post Date: 04-02-2019
No. of Vacancies: 8419
Other Category you may be interested in:
Important dates to Remember:
|Starting date for form submission||05-02-2019|
|Last date for form submission||05-03-2019|
|Last date for Payment of fee||07-03-2019|
Vacancy details of West Bengal Police Constable Recruitment 2019:
Scheduled Caste (E.C.)
Scheduled Tribe (E.C.)
- Rs. 5,400 – 25,200/- + Grade Pay Rs.2,600/-.
Age limit as on 01-01-2019:
- Minimum: 18 Years
- Maximum: 27 Years
As per Govt order
- Must be a Citizen of India.
- Candidate must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
- Candidate must be able to speak, read and write the Bengali language
Minimum Physical Standards:
Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Garhwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes)
|167||57||78 cms. (without expansion)|
83 cms. (with expansion – 5 cms.)
Gorkhas, Garhwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes
76 cms. (without expansion)
81 cms. (with expansion – 5 cms.)
- Preliminary Written Test
- Physical Measurement test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Final written exam
|Application Fee||Processing Fee|
Total Amount Payable
|SC of West Bengal||–||Rs.20/-|
ST of West Bengal
Mode of Payment: Online
How to Apply for West Bengal Police Constable Recruitment 2019:
- Eligible Candidates may apply On-line, through the official website wbpolice.gov.in
- Before Applying Candidates should ensure to have a valid mobile number and email ID.
- Fill up all the required information in the application carefully as per the instruction and SAVE it and upload required documents like Scanned Photograph & Signature in the stipulated size & format.After filling-up all the required fields of the On-line Application, verified the application and click ‘CONFIRM’.
- Download the acknowledgement slip for future reference.
About Kolkata Police:
The history of the present structure of policing in Kolkata goes back to the colonial times, when the city was known as “Calcutta”, and was a fledging settlement of the British East India Company. Kolkata (Calcutta) is regarded to have been founded by an English Merchant Job Charnock, but this has no authentic corroboration. Job Charnock, who was the key functionary of the East India Company, had anchored his boat “Maddapollam” at a village called Sutanuti on the eastern banks of the river Hooghly, in 1690 A.D. East India Co. then bought three villages Sutanuti, Kalikata and Gobindapur from local landlord Sabarna Roy Chowdhury. This formed the nucleus of a fortified military settlement which in 1696 A.D. (3 years after Charnock’s death) became a prime location for the East India Company’s operations in Bengal.